2.28.2011

making.it.happen!

I've officially quit day dreaming about having my own lamp working set-up.
This brand new (shiny!) Carlisle torch has arrived and is currently residing on the shelf in my studio looking pretty. My goal is to have it up and and running by April. Still have to acquire a steel table, kiln, hoses, oxygen, propane, tools... it's quite the investment but I'm aching to play with glass at every hour of the day. All my jewelry pieces have been made in shared studio spaces - and while being around other creative people is a must... being able to jump out of bed when I can't fall asleep and make a glass -*something* sounds amazing to me.

ps - the glass flowers are left over from projects I did in school, sadly the one to the right was much bigger but broke in our recent move.

No comments: